Cardiothoracic Resident Case Report Competition
The AATS Cardiothoracic Resident Case Report Competition provides an opportunity for cardiothoracic surgery residents from around the world to represent their institution by presenting new original case studies. Selected participants will receive $500 in travel funds to compete at the 102nd Annual Meeting in Boston, MA in a mini-oral competition and the top presenter will receive a $500 award.
The deadline to submit a standard case report or case video is January 31, 2022 at 11:59PM Eastern Time.
- Residents/fellows must provide via the following submission site a brief abstract (no more than 300 words) regarding an original case study i.e. an interesting/unusual case, identifying the issues you faced and the means you used to resolve it.
- Be prepared to present in a mini oral presentation format at the Annual Meeting upon being selected.
- Candidates are limited to one submission per application.
- If submitting a case video please review the Submission Guidelines.
- Case Reports may not include research that has been previously presented and/or published.
- The Case Report Competition will be limited to one cardiac and one thoracic candidate per institution.
- North American residents must be enrolled an ACGME-accredited or RCPSC-accredited cardiothoracic surgery residency program.
- International residents must be in their last year of a cardiothoracic training program at an AATS Member’s institution.
For more information or to register a resident, Program Directors and International Members should contact the AATS Administrative Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Details regarding criteria for the Case Report format, presentation viewing hours, and grading formats will be provided following application submission.