Cardiothoracic Resident Poster Competition
The AATS Cardiothoracic Resident Poster Competition provides an opportunity for senior cardiothoracic surgery residents and/or congenital heart surgery fellows from around the world to represent their institution by presenting a scientific poster of their clinical/investigative research.
The submission site is now closed. The 2022 Competition will be held on Saturday, May 14, 2022.
- Submissions must include a brief abstract (no more than 300 words) regarding poster research.
- May include research that has been previously presented and/or published.
- Participants are also encouraged to submit original work that has not been previously presented and/or published.
- Original posters will be considered for publication in the Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (JTCVS).
- North American residents must be in their last year of either an ACGME-accredited or RCPSC-accredited cardiothoracic surgery residency program or congenital heart surgery fellowship in the United States or Canada.
- International residents must be in their last year of a cardiothoracic training program at an AATS Member's institution.
- One thoracic and one cardiac submission per institution may be accepted for participation.
- The Cardiothoracic Residents Committee will review all posters submitted for consideration.
- The Committee will also serve as the graders for each scientific poster presented.
- The competition award winners will be announced during the Meeting.
All presenting authors are strongly encouraged to attend. All awardees will receive a monetary award and certificate for their efforts.
For more information or to register a resident, Program Directors and International Members should contact the AATS Administrative Office via email.
*Details regarding poster format, presentation viewing hours, and grading formats will be provided following application submission.