Prepare your Abstracts and Case Videos
Prepare Your Abstracts and Case Videos
The Abstract and Case Video submission site will open in early August 2022 and close Monday, October 17, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET.
Waiver of mandatory manuscript submission for publication in JTCVS may be requested at the time of submission. The requirement for manuscript submission to the JTCVS does not apply to Abstracts for the C. Walton Lillehei Resident Forum, posters, or case videos.
Submission Categories for Plenary and Simultaneous Sessions
- Adult Cardiac: Clinical and translational studies pertaining to the selection, treatment, and outcomes of patients with acquired cardiovascular conditions.
- Congenital: Clinical and translational studies pertaining to the selection, treatment, and outcomes of patients with congenital disorders of the heart, lungs, and great vessels.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion: Presentations on subjects relating to education and initiatives for cultural change, barriers to care, social determinants of care and outcomes, recruitment and retention, as well as safety, quality, and teamwork.
- Thoracic Surgery: Clinical and translational studies pertaining to the selection, treatment, and outcomes of patients with benign and malignant conditions of the lungs, airways, mediastinum, diaphragm, and chest wall.
- Perioperative Care: Presentations that address perioperative evaluation and management including, but not limited to, all pre- and post-operative care and benchmarks of enhancing recovery after cardiac and thoracic surgery (ERAS); patient safety challenges; ECPR and ECMO circulatory management; evidence-based trials of critical care pathways; and ethical dilemmas such as failure to rescue and urgent perioperative revascularization.
- Additional: Presentations on subjects, which the submitter is uncertain about the proper category such as surgical education and training, quality assurance, workforce issues or other broad programs that do not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
C. Walton Lillehei Resident Forum
- Limited to original work presented by residents in cardiothoracic surgery and/or residents in general surgical training programs who are working in a cardiothoracic surgical laboratory or clinical rotation in North America. This forum is designed primarily for Abstracts concerning basic science and laboratory animal experiments or translational research performed on tissue or blood obtained from patients. Training program directors are urged to have residents participate in the forum and must acknowledge that the material being presented is original work and that of the resident. Authors of selected Abstracts should plan to submit a manuscript four weeks prior to the meeting. Finalists will be graded on their Abstracts and presentations onsite at the Annual Meeting. One presentation will be selected to receive an award of $1,500