ACCME Accreditation Statement
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery designates this live activity for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Designation Statement
NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
Disclosure of Financial Relationships
The planners and faculty for this activity do not have any relevant relationships with ACCME-defined ineligible companies to disclose unless listed here. All relevant relationships have been mitigated according to ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education.
Desired Learning Outcomes
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the latest techniques and current research specifically related to adult cardiac surgery, congenital heart disease, thoracic surgery, and perioperative care;
- Select appropriate surgical procedures and other interventions for their own patients based upon results presented;
- Incorporate the basic science developments and emerging technologies and techniques across the spectrum of cardiothoracic surgery;
- Communicate current practice management necessary for the effective and safe delivery of patient care;
- Translate expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes and satisfaction.