The AATS Clinical Trials Methods Course provides an intensive and interactive training program for cardiothoracic surgeons across all subspecialties (adult cardiac, congenital, and thoracic) to acquire the critical skills required in effective clinical trial design and implementation. This course is particularly suited to help professionals who are considering applying for clinical trial funding to better understand the complex nature of preparing and submitting clinical trial proposals.
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery designates this live activity for 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
There are no relevant relationships with ACCME-defined ineligible companies for this activity.
Commercial Support Disclosure
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery received a grant from AstraZeneca for this activity.
Desired Learning Outcomes
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Gain the necessary skillset for setting up and lead a successful clinical trials program at their institution;
- Learn statistical methodology, finances, and administrative skills for a running viable clinical trials program;
- Examine the complexities of the study section review process and asses / interpret clinical trials and current areas of focus at both the institution and government level;
- Design their own clinical trial proposal.
Please follow the steps below to claim CME or obtain a letter of attendance:
- Log into the site via the button below using your AATS login credentials.
- Click on “My Credits” and then select the “Claim Credits” button.
- Select the sessions in which you attended.
- Complete the survey and provide feedback to aid in the planning of future meetings.
- Download or print your CME Certificate or Certificate of Attendance.
The deadline to complete the evaluation and claim CME is February 17, 2023.