COVID-19 Protocol and Requirements for AATS Meetings
The AATS looks forward to welcoming all the attendees to Toronto. To protect everyone’s health and safety, AATS is following safe COVID protocols. Masks are encouraged but not mandatory given the ongoing presence of COVID. We ask that all registered attendees, staff, and vendors provide proof of vaccination (currently defined as one or two-dose vaccine series-no booster required) upon checking in at the AATS Registration Desk.
The AATS will continue to monitor the situation as we approach the AATS Mechanical Support and Thoracic Transplantation Summit and will be sure to update attendees and the AATS COVID Guidelines as needed to adhere to regulations required by the province of Ontario and city of Toronto.
COVID-19 Vaccine Exemptions:
AATS will consider exemptions to the requirement of vaccination against COVID-19 for attendees at the AATS Mechanical Support and Thoracic Transplantation Summit on a case-by-case basis for both medical reasons and religious reasons. Please submit your information and upload any paperwork with the reason for your exemption request to the following e-mail at email@example.com to be considered for a vaccine exemption.
Exemption requests must be submitted by May 1, 2023, stating the reason for the exemption, and address the relevant criteria below. All decisions will be communicated back by May 15, 2023. All decisions over exemptions requests are final. There is no appeal process. No exemption requests will be taken on-site in Toronto.
Medical Exemption Request:
- Fully describe any applicable medical condition, contraindication, or precaution for which a COVID-19 vaccination exemption is requested. Please indicate the specific nature of the medical condition or circumstances that contraindicate immunization with a COVID-19 vaccine or that might increase the risk for a serious adverse reaction.
- Please provide documentation of each medical condition, contraindication, or precaution and indicate whether the CDC recognizes it pursuant to its guidance.
- Please provide a statement from a qualified medical professional confirming your condition and medical circumstances.
Religious Exemption Request:
- Fully describe the nature of your religious exemption to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement and how complying with the COVID-19 vaccination requirement would substantially burden your religious exercise or conflict with your sincerely held religious beliefs, practices, or observances.
- Please provide any additional information that you think may be helpful in reviewing your request. For example:
- How long have you held the religious belief underlying your objection?
- Is your religious exemption to the use of all vaccines, COVID-19 vaccines, a specific type of COVID-19 vaccine, or some other subset of vaccines?
- Document whether or not you have received vaccines as an adult against any other diseases (such as a flu vaccine or a tetanus vaccine)
Last Updated December 15, 2022