Skip to main
Please follow the steps below to claim CME or obtain a letter of attendance:
- Log into the site using your badge number and email address you used for registration;
- Complete the Post Meeting Evaluation Survey. This provides the AATS leadership with valuable feedback to aid in the planning of future meetings;
- Enter the credits for each session you attended. A list of sessions are available online;
- Download your CME Certificate or Certificate of Attendance.
The deadline to complete the evaluation and claim CME is August 31, 2023.
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Desired Learning Outcomes
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the different etiologies and manifestations of Mitral Valve Disease
- Identify the different surgical repair techniques when considering the different disease types, i.e. Prolapse, Annular dilation, Flail, Ruptured Chordae.
- Understand how to interpret AHA and STS National Guidelines and how to apply them in Mitral Valve Repair when developing a patient care plan.
- Identify the tools to best identify disease – i.e. TEE vs TTE or Cardiac MRI.