ACCME Accreditation Statement
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery designates this live activity for a maximum of 9 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The planners and faculty for this activity do not have any relevant relationships with ACCME-defined ineligible companies to disclose. All relevant relationships have been mitigated according to ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education.
Disclosure of Commercial Support
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery received commercial support from the following organizations:
Desired Learning Outcomes
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the etiology of lesion(s) of valve disease;
- Interpret the underlying disease pathology;
- Choose appropriate surgical technique(s);
- Recognize surgical complications and apply appropriate treatment course;
- Correlate guidelines with clinical practice of mitral repair;
- Apply guidelines for timing of mitral repair in clinical practice;
- Use relevant diagnostic tools (echocardiography) in aiding correct decision-making regarding diagnoses and surgical treatment;
- Employ the knowledge acquired through the workshop in clinical practice to improve patient care and ultimately outcomes.